I finished the lace runner for Teagan’s dresser the other day. It was much easier than I thought. It was not as difficult or fiddly as I thought it would be!
Scared of the idea of a doily, lace, I had gotten some sock yarn – fingering – to use instead. I hadn’t thought about the sock yarn would be a bit more stretchy than the cotton thread. I just thought it would be a bit less daunting than the thread, and not as tiny to work with. At least for a first attempt.
It wasn’t as bad as I thought! Granted, the first two attempts to do the motif weren’t successful, it felt as if the pattern was written for someone that knew what they were doing. Not me. Those first attempts were wonky, with the wrong number of stitches, bad joins, too stretchy. Eventually, I got it figured out though.
Even with the wrong yarn, I decided to go ahead and work it up anyway. A decision that Teagan was very happy with when she found out the pink star thingy was going to be for her.
It didn’t take too long to work up, I could get two maybe three motifs done and connected a night. A week and a bit to get it all done, with the border. There’s just blocking to do. I’m not sure how well it will block, stretchy sock yarn and all. But it will be just fine.
Teagan will be happy with it, as is. I’ll probably do this pattern again, with cotton thread, I enjoyed working it that much, and am than pleased with how it turned out.