Look what I made – finished – today! One for each girl.
I did a blend of this design and this one. Just need to hang them and we’re good to go! Frames were super-sale with coupon from Michaels. Material was quilting pre-cuts from Joanne, along with a bit of ribbon. Pretty easy.
I haven’t shown the girls yet, I”m sure Teagan will be very happy. She did pick the material out for both hers and for Ashlin’s.
First thing to do was attach the batting. I glued each corner down so it wouldn’t slip.
Then I centered the material to the frame backing, using a bit of tape.
Then I used a glue gun to affix the material to the backing, making sure the material stayed tight.
I then laid out the ribbon, playing with order and spacing.
I did use a bit of tape to secure the ribbons before I turned it over to hot glue them to the backing too. I tried to keep these taut too, and evenly spaced.
Finished boards before going back into the frames.
And back in the frames.
I can’t wait to see how Teagan likes her pink ribbon board! It will be the first pink thing in her room. The first of many, I think.