So, some random things…
- In the car Teagan saw a bug of some sort, which she dubbed a cricket. She then went on to tell me that it was crawling on her hand, but when they do, they kiss you when they crawl on your hand. With their feet.
- One day when I had to leave early to work in Jersey, I left a note for the girls, and Stu. On it I asked Teagan to be a good girl at nap time (we are still having issues – sad face), and gave everyone hugs and kisses. Ashlin asked Stu for the paper, saying “ugg! Ugg!” and then kissed the paper.
- Ashlin cannot leave day care, or anywhere else for that matter, without hugging everyone she knows goodbye.
- She also can’t walk past an open door without closing it.
- On my drive home from Jersey the other day, Alt Nation played Josie Cotton “Johnny Are You Queer” and I had flashbacks of teasing my friend Tom incessantly. I’m not sure exactly why the song bothered him, but it did. My sister also joined in when she was out and the song came on. I miss Tom. He’s moved too far away from some of his friends and we don’t see him enough.
- I finished Ashlin’s car blanket last night, the blanket portion anyway. I used a crochet bind off, which was easier for me to control the tension, and the cast-off stitches look much better, looser, than those of the scarf. I will need to work on that.
- The button hole on the strap is throwing me for a loop – not a hole – unfortunately. I will get it figured out. Soon. I’m sure it has something to do with my mirror knitting and Eastern European style. I moved on to the crocheted shawl for the time being.