Got Your Nose!
Ashlin has a few new party tricks. More than just pulling off your glasses.
Her first new, and much repeated trick is to try to nurse on your nose. Once you get past the oog factor, it’s very cute. This is usually attempted on men. Not sure why. As a bonus, she hasn’t left any vacuum marks yet!
The next trick is a bit similar, to the first. A variation on the theme. She tries to nurse on my chin. This game, so far, is only with me! She’ll get two big handfulls of hair and use them to move in for the big suction connection. And she tries almost any time she’s in my lap. Other than the pain from the hair pulling, it’s totally funny.
The most recent trick, or more like game, is where she’s sitting on Stu’s lap and turns his head to the side and pulls on his ear. Every time he turns his head back, she almost whip-lash turns it back, so she can pull his ear. Usually her hand is on his chin or cheek, but a few times, she’s used his hair to turn his head to the side. She’s totally fascinated! I’m going to try to video it. So cute!
I am totally hoping this last game keeps her occupied. We don’t want any of this going on:
It's hard to pull up when you're wearing a sack!
Friday. It’s finally Friday. It’s been a long week. And I’m kinda glad it’s over.
Monday was mostly fun, having both girls home, going shopping, playing, being with them.
Tuesday night was not fun. Ashlin was sick again. A lot. The on-call doctor thought that she may have caught a stomach bug or something. She was mostly better by Wednesday morning, but Tuesday night, she was not good. Crying as she vomited, crying after she did, low temperature. She would cry and then snuggle in as if for warmth and comfort. She got some Pedialyte and dozed fitfully on me and then in the bouncy. After a few hours, Stu woke me for my shift. I stayed on the sofa with her in front of me, terrified that she would start vomiting again after nursing. She didn’t, thankfully. But neither of us slept well.
Wednesday was a recovery day. As Ashlin was better, and I so needed sleep, we sent her to day care. I thought we’d get a call, but we lucked out. Maybe it was the wrong decision to make, but oh, it was a nice day not needing to worry about another human beings survival for a little while. Worked from home, as I probably shoudln’t have driven a heavy motor vehicle at fast speeds.
Yesterday was crazy busy at work. But I had ice cream. Twice. The Starbucks Mocha Frappachino ice cream bar is very nice.
And today, it’s game night! Woo woo!
PS. She’s babbling!
Stu has been bringing Teagan to day care most mornings. He tells me that they usually sing in the car – the name song, listing everyone in the family. From Mama all the way down to the cat. Sometimes they just sing along to the radio. When they get to the parking lot at Day Care, they do an “I spy” type game, which now includes various adjectives – I see two white busses, one red car, etc.
Yesterday, after a short ride of song, they get to Day Care and get out of the car. Teagan yells “Mama!” and points at a guy getting out of a jeep. Stu gently corrects her, “that’s not mama, that’s a man in a black jeep.” Teagan then sings back “baa baa black cheep!”
LOL! I wish I had been there.
Stu said that the man and jeep were there when he picked her up. She did it again.
Finally. This will be a catch-up post… So many things to discuss, so little conscious time…
- Teagan is doing well. She got over her double ear infections as well as the trauma of taking another antibiotic that she didn’t want to take. This is a good thing :)
- She decided to share the plague with the rest of us. Definitely not fun being sick while taking care of a sick baby. Stu and I needed someone to come in and take care of all of us. We’re better now, thankfully, but for a week, it was not an easy thing.
- We put our house on the market on Monday. After talking about moving closer to work for over a year now, we finally did it. Ended up spending the week doing a panic unclutter and clean to have it ready to show. It’s amazing how much stuff got jammed into this house. I don’t remember it getting as cluttered as it is. Granted some of the clutter is because of the baby, but still! I have way too many books, if that’s even possible. :)
- Although I’m not sick any more, I still find it hard to stay awake past 9:30. It could be work ramping up and Teagan becoming more demanding during the day and evenings…
- I saw a fox run through the yard several days ago. That brings the wildlife sighting up to 12:
- rabbits (yeah yeah, but still)
- hawk (comes and hangs out in the hickory tree in the afternoons)
- turkey vulture
- ground hog
- fisher cat
- american bobwhite
- Does anyone else laugh at the Aciphex commercials? Or is it just me? Maybe I’m just reliving my childhood. Fart jokes anyone? :)
- Speaking of reliving, I thought it was cool that the third season promo teasers for Chuck used Billy Squire as the background music?
- We might have sold the house already. I signed a contract of sale today. There isn’t a deposit yet, but I guess that’s on the way. Second showing Saturday was the sale :) We didn’t get the asking price, but got enough that we can move. That’s all we really need.
- We need to find a house. Fast!
- Teagan has four teeth coming in. One is almost cut through, the other bottom is a bit behind, and the top to further still, but on their way. Poor piglet is miserable. She’s very snuggly and quite a bit whiney. Motrin is a good thing :)
- We’re off this weekend to see friends and play games. Rescheduled from the MLK plague weekend. We’ll probably stop playing Talisman and Last Night on Earth to watch the Superbowl, but only because we have to :)
- Teagan still isn’t crawling. That’s ok. She can pretend she’s superman and flying as long as she wants :) She did get up on all fours and rock back and forth often today.
- Piglet is trying desperately to meow and say cat. She so wants to catch Clio too. :)
- I am NOT looking forward to packing!
PS. I hate when my browser eats my posts. I had just finished the original entry when it disappeared. I had to re-write it :( This one isn’t as good as the original. I’m too tired to make it better.