Napping at Day Care
Teagan was sent home today with this picture. She napped at day care. Again. This is two days in a row for naps at day care. Crazy.
I think these may be the first naps at day care in over a year, maybe even two years. Well, except for when she’s been sick and sent home. She never naps at day care. I think they didn’t believe it either, which is why they took a picture, to prove it.
Still. Teagan napping is so rare that they had to send a picture. LOL!
Ashlin, who does still nap at day care, is picking up a new word every day or so. Today’s word, puppy. She was using sidewalk chalk, when two dogs went by (with a lady walking them, of course). Ashlin noticed, stopped what she was doing, pointed and said something. I supplied the correct word – puppy. She repeated it. Again.
We waved bye bye to the puppies as they rounded the corner. Once we came back inside to finish dinner, she told Stu that there were puppies!
So, when I was talking to my friend today, she asked what words Teagan was saying. Unfortunately, we didn’t have enough time to finish our conversation, or for me to get more information about her mom and family (who always seem to be sick, but haven’t been lately. Yay!). I had told her I would work up the list, though by Tuesday, it’ll be obsolete. She seems to pick up a word every two days or so. Anyway, below is what she says/signs often:
- All done!
- Thank you
- Jump (she used to do this all the time, when we had the jumper out, but hasn’t in a while. She still recognizes it)
- Blue’s Clues (well, the two handed sign that Steve does when he sings Blue’s Clues)
- Dada (though she’s getting us confused now)
- Lala – grandma :)
- Nay Nay (my sister)
- Down (these too she gets confused. She’s not good with opposites it seems)
- Hat (she is fascinated with hats right now)
- Toast (right now, she wants toast every meal, it seems)
- Turkey (this is a very new addition)
- Apple (this is used for just about every fruit)
- Num num (for very tasty food)
- Baa Baa
- Woof Woof (though this is more a gasp, but still, very cute)
- Hop Hop (bunny!)
- Sock (these two sound very similar, she’s not very good with s’s yet)
- Night Night (though she uses this for both a blanket and sleep)
- No (does that count? LOL!)
- No-No (for don’t do that, instead of a negative response)
- Please (though she’ll sign it more frequently than she’ll say it)
- Teagan (though she mostly says “titi” which is what day care often calls her)
- Row Row (she loves when Lala sings row row row your boat, she requests this song)
- Lalala – (The Fresh Beat Band show)
- Woo Woo! (a celebratory sound)
- Ta da! (she says this after she falls down. LOL)
- Bubble! (this is also what she has named her pacifier)
- Oswald (or something very close, without the s, of course)
- Bye bye
Wow. That’s a bigger list than I thought.
She’s also putting two words together now. She tries to say “hi, Steve” and “Night Night Mama” and “more please.” She’s very polite. :) She’s got a stubborn streak to her. “No” is becoming one of her favorite words. She’s got a great sense of humor. She has an incredibly contagious laugh.
Update 11/29 – I forgot 5 words! Oops! I also started a new page to track the new ones as they come along :)