Blurry masterpieces or Christmas ornaments
Today was a fun day! We went to a friend of Teagan’s house and made ornaments. First Teagan made a handprint ornament for her friend, who gave us one of hers. Then we got to paint some pre-made ornaments. Teagan LOVES painting, and had so much fun.
After making her masterpieces, she got to play with her friends. She had a great time! She told her friend G (really, the man she’s going to marry, she told me so), that she poops in the potty now, and she showed off her big-girl knickers with the flowers on. It was such a good time that she didn’t want to leave, for a much needed nap. We weren’t able to get one in the morning, and we were up late last night at a Christmas party.
Yeah, we’re bad parents. We had our toddler and eight month old baby out after 9pm. But still, it was a fun party, and so nice to see everyone again.
She napped for over 2.5 hours, once we got her down.
In other news, I was nominated for an award. A Versatile Blogger Award. I feel so special! One of my readers, Chicken Nuggets & Elmo nominated me. Thank you for the nomination!
There are a few rules, the first of which is to share seven things about myself. An interesting idea. I’ve shared quite a bit about myself here in my blog, I’m not sure if there’s all that much “new” to reveal. Maybe I can cheat a little.
- I started this blog over six years ago, having no idea it would eventually become basically a “mommy blog.” It was mostly just a place for my friends and I to play around with internet memes, with the occasional book review on Yahoo!360.
- I am less than five pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight with Ashlin. My pants still don’t fit.
- Knights of Mayhem, while making me wince and cringe, is a guilty reality tv pleasure.
- I wish time would slow down, so I could get to stay home with the kiddos and work to pay for it all. Maybe I just want to clone myself?
- I write so many blog entries in my head, and never seem to get to them. So many of the pictures on my phone are for potential blog entries that never get written. I fall asleep too early some nights :(
- I still wish I hadn’t needed a c-section, and regret not having the birth experience (the second time) I wanted.
- I am reading Price and Prejudice and Zombies now, and can’t remember enough of P&P to realize the non-zombie bits that are exactly from the original. It makes me wonder how much of other books I have forgotten.
I’m also supposed to nominate other blogs I read for the award. I do read a few other blogs reguarly – hello Chicken Nuggets! – I don’t read all that many outside of Amalah, the Bad Moms Club and Alphamom, I just don’t have the time. I’ll just have to think about any other possibilities.