So, I was working on trying to convert Ashlin’s onesies to t-shirts using Therapeutic Crafting’s instructions. Starting with my least favorite top, I made the cuts last night to get it all ready to try to do today during lunch. I had a pile of other long sleeved onesies to follow if this went well.
So, I got a new bobbin wound, the machine threaded and I take my first passes on joining the original edging – “bias tape” – together using a zigzag stitch. I laid the ends on top of each other and zoomed up the middle. I pinned the bottom edge of the shirt to the tape, wrong side facing. Started a zigzag from one side to the other. It’s going pretty well, for the most part. The seam was sort of straight, straight enough anyway.
Just as I get to the middle, where I joined the tape, the machine jams. Gah! I pull over the manual and read how to take the lower plate off and the bobbin casing. I get that done, and then get the onesie unjamed and out. Put it all back together and re-thread the bobbin again and try again, further away from any loose threads. Jam. Again. Ugh.
Back through the process again, and this time, I try to use just a single layer of scrap material to see how it’s working. No good. Bobbin vomit, as I read on Google. Super.
Anyway. I’m not sure what to do now. Any time I try to sew something the lower thread becomes this big knot, and I get a thread jam error on the screen.
Maybe it’s time to knit some new mittens. At least for tonight.