I haven’t made an actual list yet, it’s mostly in my head, but it wouldn’t take too much. Let’s see:
- Paint Teagan’s room – we had lost the paint chip so were trying to find a new color that we liked as much. I found it, but we haven’t gotten the pain yet.
- Find paint for this new bunny’s room (and then paint it!) I have the bedding picked out, and it’s sitting there waiting, but I haven’t figured out a color yet. I have put the curtains up!
- Change out the curtain rods. Teagan’s room has nice curtain rods up, but the room (currently) that will become the new baby’s room doesn’t. It just has those c shaped rods. No finials or anything. It works for now though.
- Get the dresser put together. This means pulling the old dresser out of the room. Then I could put clothes away and start putting things where they’ll belong. I can’t help Stu move the old dresser, nor can I do much to help put the new one together. <sigh> This is probably the first thing that should be on this list.
- Put the crib together. Another thing that I can’t really help with. Since we’re planning on having the baby sleep in our room for the first few weeks – while she’s still getting up every few hours to eat – this isn’t quite as important. But if it’s together, (and we paint) I can decorate a bit, for when we move her in. We’re going to leave the beds in there for the first few weeks, so that there’s a place for people to stay, other than the basement.
- Get the night tables put together. Yes, everything is still flat-packed. This, I may be able to do. Maybe I’ll peek at the boxes.
- Empty the top and move the china cabinet. It’s sitting on a warped part of the floor, and one door is torked open at the bottom. It just needs a little push about an inch to the left. We’ve done this once before, but didn’t get it quite far enough. This time, I’ll put some heavy boxes on the shelf to double-check the placement.
- Finish putting the office desk together. Then I can file away the stuff that belongs in cabinets that I can’t get into right now.
- Reload iTunes on the new computer that Stu built. I’m out of podcasts, and I need new music for the iPod. I need to be sure there’s at least one Radiohead song on there (to help ensure the coolness of this new baby. LOL!)
- I should go through Teagan’s drawers and pull out the receiving blankets (or just some of them) and the burp rags to put in the babies room.
- Pull all the newborn stuff out of the basement, and figure out if I’m missing things, or if there are things I’ll need.
- Wash the car seat lining.
- Get a hospital bag packed. EEPS!
Ok, that’s more of a list than I thought I had. And, I’m sure there’s more. If I really thought about it, I’d totally freak out with everything that needs to be done. 52 days if she doesn’t come early, like she may be threatening to. Right now, I just want to lie down and not think about it. This baby better leave me enough time to get things done!
- The Oh Shit Moment (amalah.com)
- Pregnancy Myth #4: “You’re NEVER Ready!!!” (wifandhub.com)
- Does Radiohead Have King Of Limbs Follow-up Ready To Go? (beatcrave.com)