So, it’s six weeks since Teagan’s birth. I still haven’t written up her birth story. I do need to do that. There are a few parts that need remembering, some, well, maybe not. Those that are still lingering, definately not.
A lot has happened in these six weeks, in no particular order:
- Teagan has gained just about 3 pounds – she’s 9 pounds 5 oz! Little piglet! She was born at 6 pounds 11oz, and left the hospital at 6 pounds 7oz.
- Teagan is not quite out of the newborn size diapers. But she’s close! Too close. <sniff>
- Teagan has slept an average of 4 hours straight, and occasionally we have a stretch of 6 hours! Six glorious hours! LOVE the sleep. (There have also been a few times where she’s only gone two hours, but this isn’t often at all. Maybe it’s a good thing that she’s gained some weight.)
- I have finished my Lovenox shots – as of last night! This morning was the first morning in half a year that I did not needto get up and give myself a shot, (or have Stu do it). Stu was a sweetheart as well, and took the morning shift with Teagan, so I got to sleep in luxuriously late – 8am! Woo woo! There will be a ceremonial “throwing out of the sharps container” tomorrow – we were too tired and hot today to bother.
- I have finished my “maternity leave.” Work does a six week short term disability leave for “normal” birth, eight weeks for a c-section. I am now on FMLA. There are 10 weeks left of my leave.
- I have visited the closest day care center and gotten some information from them about leaving Teagan there once I go back. I’m not happy about that – I got hit very hard by the blues that day, and still do when I think about it.
- Teagan has not needed the shield for nursing since Monday. Yay!! She’s just become a little less complicated to feed. It’s been a long journey to get here though. (Maybe another blog entry I owe.)
- Bella might have had a small stroke – her hind legs aren’t working so well, and she’s also lost a lot of weight… maybe the weight that Teagan has found. <sigh>
- I’ve had my six week post-partum doctor visit.
- I’ve lost all but four pounds of my pregnancy weight, though I still can’t fit into my clothes. <sigh> I’m almost there though.
There are a few things that haven’t happened though:
- I haven’t been able to shower before noon, except for one day. I showered that day before Stu left for work, and he dealt with Teagan. (I do usually get to shower, just doesn’t seem to happen before noon for some reason).
- I still have a tear that hasn’t healed. (This is probably TMI).
- I have not been released by the doctor due to this un-healed tear. (This is definitely TMI).
- My linea negra is still there! (Probably not TMI, just weird).
- We haven’t gotten Teagan on a schedule. It’s probably way too early to think about it, but still.
- We also haven’t gotten the baby sign book, or started sign language with her yet. Yeah, pretentious, but could be very helpful before our daughter has actual words.
- The bruises from my shots are still there, they haven’t gone away, although it’s just been 24 hours since the last shot.
- We haven’t left Teagan with a sitter – yet. I’m sure we will soon enough though.
- I haven’t gotten my act together enough to have a weekly menu made up so we can shop and cook to it. I do need to get better about that. Food is necessary!
- I haven’t gotten all the thank you notes written, although I’m not too far behind. :)
And now, it’s time to go… the piglet is crying, and I’m half asleep.